from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of bringing something into existence.
- n. The act of bringing something into existence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of bringing or coming into existence; first production.
- n. Mode of production, or bringing into being.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of bringing into existence; creation; production; invention; causation.
- n. The act of arising or beginning or coming into existence; derivation or commencement of being or existence; beginning; first stage or state.
- n. Starting-point; point of derivation or departure.
- n. Mode of production or bringing into being.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new
- n. an event that is a beginning; a first part or stage of subsequent events
Sorry, no etymologies found.