from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being pregnant: a test for pregnancy.
- n. An instance of being pregnant: Her second pregnancy was easy.
- n. The period during which one is pregnant: the first trimester of pregnancy.
- n. The quality or condition of being rich in significance, import, or implication.
- n. Creativity; inventiveness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being pregnant.
- n. The period of time this condition prevails.
- n. The progression of stages from conception to birth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition of being pregnant; the state of being with young.
- n. Figuratively: The quality of being heavy with important contents, issue, significance, etc.; unusual consequence or capacity; fertility.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being pregnant; the state of a female who has conceived or is with child; gestation; fetation.
- n. Fruitfulness; fertility; fecundity; productiveness.
- n. Fullness, as of important contents; significance; suggestiveness.
- n. Readiness of wit; shrewdness.
- n. A promising youth; a quick-witted person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being pregnant; the period from conception to birth when a woman carries a developing fetus in her uterus
From pregnant + -cy. (Wiktionary)