from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being pregnant: a test for pregnancy.
- n. An instance of being pregnant: Her second pregnancy was easy.
- n. The period during which one is pregnant: the first trimester of pregnancy.
- n. The quality or condition of being rich in significance, import, or implication.
- n. Creativity; inventiveness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being pregnant.
- n. The period of time this condition prevails.
- n. The progression of stages from conception to birth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition of being pregnant; the state of being with young.
- n. Figuratively: The quality of being heavy with important contents, issue, significance, etc.; unusual consequence or capacity; fertility.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being pregnant; the state of a female who has conceived or is with child; gestation; fetation.
- n. Fruitfulness; fertility; fecundity; productiveness.
- n. Fullness, as of important contents; significance; suggestiveness.
- n. Readiness of wit; shrewdness.
- n. A promising youth; a quick-witted person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being pregnant; the period from conception to birth when a woman carries a developing fetus in her uterus
Obesity in pregnancy is not a topic that is discussed much in the media.
If the pregnancy is the issue, have Kristen Stewart wear numerous pillows to represent the stages and then CGI her belly when her shirt is lifted.
For Mary, the pregnancy is a divine miracle and a privilege.
Besides watching your child grown, watching your wife go through her pregnancy is also an amazing, eye-opening experience.
Pregnancy has a protective maturing effect on the breast that helps the breasts 'internal immune system; the earlier the first term pregnancy is completed, the lower the risk of breast cancer.
Of course when a pregnancy is aborted (1,2,3 trimester) adds some weight.
The Nevada Republican earlier discussed her beliefs on the topic during an interview with the Bill Manders in which she called pregnancy in cases of rape and incest, "God's plan."
And hiding a pregnancy is always a tricky fashion task.
If you (Adriana) have an issue with Linda, fine, but I don't think picking on her pregnancy is the way to make your point.
How many women per year are just tossing off a term pregnancy like an old shoe?
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.