from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being exuberant.
- n. An exuberant act or expression.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being exuberant; cheerful or vigorous enthusiasm; liveliness.
- n. An instance of exuberant behaviour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being exuberant; an overflowing quantity; a copious or excessive production or supply; superabundance; richness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being exuberant; exceeding abundance; an overflowing supply; superabundance; luxuriance: as, exuberance of foliage or of fancy.
- n. Synonyms Abundance, Profusion, etc. (see plenty); copiousness, plenitude, amplitude, overflow, superabundance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. joyful enthusiasm
- n. overflowing with eager enjoyment or approval
From Latin exuberare ("to grow thickly, to abound"); from ex ("out"), and uber ("udder"), and originally would have referred to a cow or she-goat which was making so much milk that it naturally dripped or sprayed from the udder. (Wiktionary)