American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being exuberant.
- n. An exuberant act or expression.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being exuberant; exceeding abundance; an overflowing supply; superabundance; luxuriance: as, exuberance of foliage or of fancy.
- n. Synonyms Abundance, Profusion, etc. (see plenty); copiousness, plenitude, amplitude, overflow, superabundance.
- n. uncountable The quality of being exuberant; cheerful or vigorous enthusiasm; liveliness.
- n. An instance of exuberant behaviour.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The state of being exuberant; an overflowing quantity; a copious or excessive production or supply; superabundance; richness.
- n. joyful enthusiasm
- n. overflowing with eager enjoyment or approval
- From Latin exuberare ("to grow thickly, to abound"); from ex ("out"), and uber ("udder"), and originally would have referred to a cow or she-goat which was making so much milk that it naturally dripped or sprayed from the udder. (Wiktionary)
“The word exuberance has appeared in 250 New York Times articles in the past year, including on Oct. 9 in the Bats blog post "Cardinals Take On the Beast" by Pat Borzi:”
“Learn more about the word "exuberance" and see usage examples across a range of subjects on the Vocabulary.com dictionary.”
“Ten-year yields set a record low this week as investors snapped up Treasuries on signs of slowing growth and a widening debt crisis in Europe, undeterred by Standard & Poor's decision to downgrade the U.S. Bill Gross at Pacific Investment Management Co. said in a Twitter posting that investors should "be leery" of what he called "exuberance" that sent stocks up and bonds down yesterday.”
“A little irrational exuberance is good for the soul from time to time.”
“Luka and the Fire of Life zings along with a palpable sense of Otter-like excess: its exuberance is inextricably linked to its profligacy with puns, rhymes, one-liners and snippets of nonsense.”
“When Jake emerges in avatar form, he can not only walk but also run and leap, and his exuberance is infectious.”
“Countering Cupid's exuberance is Paulson's rigid, almost ridiculously down-to-earth Dr. Claire McCrae.”
“After closing out the victory with a drive volley, Federer raised a fist as he skipped on the clay — a rare display of exuberance from the Swiss champion.”
“This exuberance is reflected in some other films I like, including Ed Wood, Boogie Nights, American Movie, and Day for Night -- all of which are about people who just plain love to make movies.”
“His youthfulness, excitement, his exuberance is infectious and I was very fortunate to be able to spend the day with him," three-time major winner Mickelson said of Kim.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘exuberance’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Feel good words.
an immense, grandiloquent list that loads like a thousand years sentence in stone. new words are in the other lists.
just words i think are pretty.
visions of witfulness and vision - a wise guise
i heart words.
Looking for tweets for exuberance.