from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A usually abundant, luxuriant growth over or on something else: an overgrowth of ivy on the old house.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A usually abundant, luxuriant growth over or on something else. A tangle of growth occurring at the top of trees involving vines and branches, common in jungles.
- n. An excessive growth or increase in numbers.
- n. Excessive size; usually caused by over-production of growth hormone from the pituitary gland.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Excessive growth.
- n. A growth that has covered somethin over.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A growth over or upon something else.
- n. Exuberant or excessive growth.
- n. The deposition of the crystals of one mineral species over those of another species, particularly when the individuals or subindividuals of the former have their orientation fixed by the latter; also one of the individuals or subindividuals so deposited.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a profusion of growth on or over something else
- n. excessive size; usually caused by excessive secretion of growth hormone from the pituitary gland
over- + growth (Wiktionary)