from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The doctrines or practices of radicals.
- n. The quality of being radical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various radical social or political movements that aim at fundamental change in the structure of society
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being radical; specifically, the doctrines or principles of radicals in politics or social reform.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being radical; the holding or carrying out of extreme principles on any subject; specifically, extreme political liberalism; the doctrine or principle of uncompromising reform in government; the system or methods advocated by the political Radicals of a country.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the political orientation of those who favor revolutionary change in government and society
radical + -ism (Wiktionary)