American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The doctrines or practices of radicals.
- n. The quality of being radical.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being radical; the holding or carrying out of extreme principles on any subject; specifically, extreme political liberalism; the doctrine or principle of uncompromising reform in government; the system or methods advocated by the political Radicals of a country.
- n. Any of various radical social or political movements that aim at fundamental change in the structure of society
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being radical; specifically, the doctrines or principles of radicals in politics or social reform.
- n. the political orientation of those who favor revolutionary change in government and society
- radical + -ism (Wiktionary)
“CIA COUNTERTERRORISM CENTER: The term radicalism really isn't tied so much to economic circumstances.”
“Israeli ambassador to South Africa Uri Oren on Monday condemned what he described as radicalism and extremism by Muslims during a protest in Pretoria last week.”
“I am particularly interested to observe that the men who cry out most loudly against what they call radicalism are the men who find that their private game in politics is being spoiled.”
“If these gentlemen desire to be taken into companionship and restored to good standing, I am the first man to reach out the hand and say, "Welcome back again, so that you are repentant and regenerated;" but, sir, I am the last man to allow that you shall indorse what you call radicalism for the purpose of breaking down measures which we propose!”
“More than 60 years after World War Two and the Nazi Holocaust, right-wing radicalism is still a problem in Germany, particularly in the former communist eastern part of the country where unemployment is nearly double the rate in the west.”
“Unlike a government that invades another country, fighting Islamic radicalism is fighting an idea, not a political body.”
“Since extreme radicalism is virtually the same thing as extreme conservatism, I consider a more centerist position on most issues to be a better, wiser, more reasonable approach.”
“MOGADISHU, SOMALIA - Somali militants linked to al-Qaeda briefly asserted control over Mogadishu's most strategic road Saturday, escalating their efforts to overthrow the U. S.-backed transitional government in a region where Islamic radicalism is gaining strength.”
“I will never vote for radicals, at a time when we need to work together intolerant radicalism is not the way forward.”
“The American people are tired of radicalism from the left and the right and are looking for a more centered government that will stop spouting rhetoric and get to work.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘radicalism’.
Looking for tweets for radicalism.