from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Excessiveness, as of price or amount.
- n. Behavior or an action that exceeds what is right or proper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or characteristic of being exorbitant.
- n. A large excess.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A going out of or beyond the usual or due limit; hence, enormity; extravagance; gross deviation from rule, right, or propriety
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A going out of or beyond proper limits or bounds; transgression of normal limitations or restrictions; hence, inordinate extension or expansion; extravagant enlargement.
- n. Extravagance in degree or amount; excessiveness; inordinateness: as, the exorbitance of desires, demands, or taxes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. excessive excess
Sorry, no etymologies found.