from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being incontinent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Lack of self-restraint, an inability to control oneself; unchastity.
- n. The inability of any of the physical organs to restrain discharges of their contents; involuntary discharge or evacuation (of urine or feces).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Incapacity to hold; hence, incapacity to hold back or restrain; the quality or state of being incontinent; lack of continence; failure to restrain the passions or appetites; indulgence of lust; lewdness.
- n. The inability of any of the animal organs to restrain the natural evacuations, especially urination, or defecation, so that the discharges are involuntary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being incontinent; want of continence or holding in; unrestrained movement or flow; superabundant outpour.
- n. Specifically
- n. Lack of due restraint of the appetites or passions; intemperance in sexual intercourse; unchasteness; licentiousness.
- n. In medicine, the inability of any of the physical organs to restrain discharges of their contents; involuntary discharge or evacuation: as, incontinence of urine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. involuntary urination or defecation
- n. indiscipline with regard to sensuous pleasures
From French incontinence, or Latin incontinentia. (Wiktionary)