from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being sensual or lascivious.
- n. Excessive devotion to sensual pleasure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being sensual, sensuous or sexy.
- n. A preoccupation with sensual pleasure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being sensual; devotedness to the gratification of the bodily appetites; free indulgence in carnal or sensual pleasures; luxuriousness; voluptuousness; lewdness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Sensual or carnal nature or promptings; carnality; worldliness.
- n. Unrestrained gratification of the bodily appetites; free indulgence in carnal or sensual pleasures.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. desire for sensual pleasures
Confer French sensualité, Latin sensualitas ("sensibility, capacity for sensation"). (Wiktionary)