from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The characteristics or nature of an animal.
- n. Animals considered as a group; the animal kingdom.
- n. The animal instincts of humans as distinct from their spiritual nature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The nature of an animal
- n. The animal kingdom
- n. Any characteristic of animality
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Animal existence or nature.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being an animal; animal existence or nature in man; the animal as opposed to the spiritual side of human nature.
- n. In physiology, the aggregate of those vital phenomena which characterize animals. See vegetality.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the physical (or animal) side of a person as opposed to the spirit or intellect
Sorry, no etymologies found.