from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Vulgarity.
- n. A crudely indecent word or phrase; an obscenity.
- n. A word, phrase, or manner of expression used chiefly by uneducated people.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A word or term that is considered offensive or vulgar.
- n. A spelling, word, or phrase used in common speech that is considered improper or incorrect for formal communication.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Grossness; rudeness; vulgarity.
- n. A vulgar phrase or expression.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Coarseness, rudeness, or grossness of manners; vulgarity; commonness.
- n. A phrase or expression used only in common colloquial, especially in coarse, speech.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of lacking taste and refinement
- n. an offensive or indecent word or phrase
Sorry, no etymologies found.