from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being indelicate.
- n. Something indelicate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being indelicate
- n. An indelicate act or statement
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being indelicate; lack of delicacy, or of a nice sense of, or regard for, purity, propriety, or refinement in manners, language, etc.; rudeness; coarseness; also, that which is offensive to refined taste or purity of mind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or quality of being indelicate; want of delicacy; coarseness of manners or language; offensiveness to modesty or refined taste.
- n. Synonyms Indecency, etc. (see indecorum), grossness, vulgarity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an impolite act or expression
- n. the trait of being indelicate and offensive
Sorry, no etymologies found.