from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being unseemly or immodest.
- n. Something indecent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. lack of decency; the property or degree of being indecent
- n. something showing lack of decency; something such as a word that is indecent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being indecent; lack of decency, modesty, or good manners; obscenity.
- n. That which is indecent; an indecent word or act; an offense against delicacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or condition of being indecent; want of decency; unbecomingness; especially, extreme vulgarity or obscenity of speech, action, or representation; immorality.
- n. That which is indecent or unbecoming; language, or behavior, or pictorial representation, etc., that violates modesty or decorum; specifically, that which is obscene or grossly vulgar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being indecent
- n. an indecent or improper act
Sorry, no etymologies found.