from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or condition of being base.
- n. The quality of being unworthy to hold virtues or value.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or condition of being base; degradation; vileness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or condition of being base or low in scale; meanness of grade; lowliness, as of birth or station.
- n. That which is base or low; anything of an ignoble grade or quality; meanness, as of relation or employment.
- n. Illegitimacy of birth; bastardy.
- n. The state or quality of being morally mean or vile; vileness; worthlessness.
- n. Of metals: Liability to rust: opposed to nobleness.
- n. Inferior or debased quality, the result of having been alloyed with a cheaper metal; spuriousness.
- n. Deepness of sound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unworthiness by virtue of lacking higher values
Sorry, no etymologies found.