from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being impious.
- n. An impious act.
- n. Undutifulness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being impious
- n. An impious act
- n. The lack of respect for a god or something sacred
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being impious; lack of piety; irreverence toward the Supreme Being; ungodliness; wickedness.
- n. An impious act; an act of wickedness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition or quality of being impious or devoid of piety; irreverence toward the Supreme Being; ungodliness; wickedness.
- n. An impious act; an act of wickedness or irreligion.
- n. Violation of natural duty or obligation toward others; want of reverence or respect, in general; undutifulness, as toward parents: as, filial impiety.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unrighteousness by virtue of lacking respect for a god
Sorry, no etymologies found.