from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act of disrespect or impiety towards something considered sacred.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of desecrating; profanation; condition of anything desecrated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of diverting from a hallowed purpose or use; deprivation of a sacred character or office; sacrilegious or profane treatment or use.
- n. Synonyms Sacrilege, etc. See profanation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character
Sorry, no etymologies found.