from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or practice of engaging in sex acts for hire.
- n. The act or an instance of offering or devoting one's talent to an unworthy use or cause.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Engaging in sexual activity with another person in exchange for compensation, such as money or other valuable goods.
- n. Debasement for unworthy profit or motives.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or practice of prostituting or offering the body to an indiscriminate intercourse with men; common lewdness of a woman.
- n. The act of setting one's self to sale, or of devoting to infamous purposes what is in one's power
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of prostituting, or offering the body to indiscriminate sexual intercourse for hire.
- n. The act of offering or devoting to a base or infamous use: as, the prostitution of talents or abilities.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. offering sexual intercourse for pay
Sorry, no etymologies found.