from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Aleut, their language, or their culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Aleutian Islands, especially an Aleut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to the Aleutian Islands (a group of islands in the northern Pacific Ocean, west of Alaska), or to its inhabitants, their culture, or their language.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Aleutian Islands.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a chain of islands between Alaska and Kamtchatka; also, designating these islands.
- n. a member of the people inhabiting the Aleutian Islands.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Appellative of or pertaining to a group of islands (the Aleutian islands) separating Bering sea from the northern Pacific, nearly or quite coextensive with the Catherine archipelago, extending from near the southern point of Kamtchatka to the peninsula of Alaska.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the people inhabiting the Aleutian Islands and southwestern Alaska
- adj. of or relating to the Aleut or their language or culture
Sorry, no etymologies found.