from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of Confucius, his teachings, or his followers.
- n. An adherent of the teachings of Confucius.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, pertaining to, or conforming to the teachings of Confucius
- n. One who follows the teachings of Confucius.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, or relating to, Confucius, the great Chinese philosopher and teacher, or to Confucianism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Confucius, the celebrated philosopher of China (551-478 b. c.), or to his teachings: as, the Confucian ethics; Confucian literature. See Confucianism.
- Erected or maintained in honor of Confucius: as, a Confucian temple.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a believer in the teachings of Confucius
- adj. relating to or characteristic of Confucianism
Sorry, no etymologies found.