from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various forms of sexual intercourse held to be unnatural or abnormal, especially anal intercourse or bestiality.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. immorality in general
- n. any of various forms of sexual intercourse held to be unnatural, particularly bestiality.
- n. anal sex
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Carnal copulation in a manner against nature; buggery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Unnatural sexual relations, as between persons of the same sex, or with beasts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. intercourse via the anus, committed by a man with a man or woman
Middle English sodomie, from Old French, from Sodome, Sodom, from Latin Sodoma, from Greek, from Hebrew sədōm.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Sodom, where the Bible, in Genesis chapters 18 and 19 and elsewhere, suggests sexual depravity. (Wiktionary)