American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various forms of sexual intercourse held to be unnatural or abnormal, especially anal intercourse or bestiality.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Unnatural sexual relations, as between persons of the same sex, or with beasts.
- n. immorality in general
- n. any of various forms of sexual intercourse held to be unnatural, particularly bestiality.
- n. anal sex
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Carnal copulation in a manner against nature; buggery.
- n. intercourse via the anus, committed by a man with a man or woman
- From Sodom, where the Bible, in Genesis chapters 18 and 19 and elsewhere, suggests sexual depravity. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English sodomie, from Old French, from Sodome, Sodom, from Latin Sodoma, from Greek, from Hebrew sədōm. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The men of Sodom tell Lot to hand over the male visitors so that they may "know" them, i.e. sexually know them giving rise to the term "sodomy".”
“In any serious context, most Americans would use the term sodomy rather than the term buggery, just to avoid being judged to use Vulgar or obscene slang.”
“The term sodomy is a translator's term to translate Hebrew words that never mean sodomy in the sense of anal intercourse between males.”
“In fact, the English word sodomy, which popularly means either homosexual or heterosexual anal intercourse, was derived from the name of the city.”
“Afterall, sodomy is probably not allowed for American Family A$$wipes.”
“Furthermore, as in sodomy laws, we have started to see less and less enforcement of these laws in recent years, and the enforcement we have seen has become more and more abusive.”
“But unless repealing DADT also includes removing sodomy from the UCMJ, homosexuals in the military will still be subject to prosecution for their actions.”
“So I guess that any form of heterosexual sodomy is also forbidden and therefore a sin.”
“Strictly speaking, especially in the 18th century and in most of the rest of U.S. history, sodomy is synonymous for homosexuality.”
“Since the very vast majority of UCMJ defined sodomy is performed by heterosexuals, as long as the proscription is uniformly enforced — it would be fine — many couples, gay and straight, get along fine without sodomy.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sodomy’.
Legal glossary with special focus on courtroom vocabulary
Christian word branding; common English word-associatives connected to Bible terminology or scripture.
I also have a general Bible-word list.
Although the Century Dictionary has some exquisite definitions which exhibit attention to scientific detail and respect for terms, ideas, and technology that might otherwise be forgotten, this wind...
words describing the sexual parts of life
words within Cradle of filth lyrics
Looking for tweets for sodomy.