American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Sexual relations between persons who are so closely related that their marriage is illegal or forbidden by custom.
- n. The statutory crime of sexual relations with such a near relative.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The offense of cohabitation or sexual commerce between persons related within the degrees wherein marriage is prohibited by the law or established usage of a country. In this offense illegitimate consanguinity is of the same effect as legitimate.
- n. The holding, by a vicar or other beneficiary, of two benefices, one of which depends upon the collation of the other.
- n. Sexual relations between close relatives (too closely related to be legally married), usually considered taboo, and a crime in many jurisdictions.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The crime of cohabitation or sexual intercourse between persons related within the degrees wherein marriage is prohibited by law sexual relations between closely related persons, usually taken as first cousins or closer.
- n. sexual intercourse between persons too closely related to marry (as between a parent and a child)
- From Latin incestus. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Latin incestum, from neuter of incestus, impure, unchaste : in-, not; see in-1 + castus, pure, chaste; see kes- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The word incest conjures ideas of sex, but there was never any sex between my father and me.”
“When I began my job assisting with the younger girls, I heard the word incest for the first time.”
“And of course the word incest had still not been so much as whispered in daylight.”
“He has a twisted history with his alcoholic mother — abuse and incest is implied — and awkward sexual relationships with the other women in his life, not just “The Goddess”.”
“As Hilzoy says, The whole point of bringing up cases of rape and incest is to argue that the circumstances of a fetus 'conception are relevant to the question whether abortion should be legal.”
“No sane person would ever suggest that real-world incest is a beautiful thing, to say the least.”
“The physiological problems of incest is of course inbreeding.”
“There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them.”
““There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them.””
“There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them. wtf?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘incest’.
Don't commit any of these if you can
firearms trafficking, serious and organ..., trafficking in hu..., illegal shipment ..., cybercrime, money laundering, sale of counterfe..., sale of dangerous..., smuggling, infraction, corruption, organised crime and 153 more...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Legal glossary with special focus on courtroom vocabulary
The worst of the bunch, bring um on
A collection of words about doing the nasty.
french words & english ones
des mots franÃ§ais & d'autres anglais
Looking for tweets for incest.