from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The combination of sadism and masochism, in particular the deriving of pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting or submitting to physical or emotional abuse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The practices of sadism and masochism collectively, usually in reference to consensual practices within the BDSM community.
- n. Sadism and masochism in one person; the enjoyment by a person of both inflicting and receiving pain.
- n. Sadomasochism for sexual gratification.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sadism and masochism combined in one person
Sorry, no etymologies found.