from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Worship of or belief in magical fetishes.
- n. Excessive attachment or regard.
- n. The displacement of sexual arousal or gratification to a fetish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the belief that natural objects have supernatural powers, or that something created by people has power over people.
- n. a form of paraphilia where the object of attraction is an inanimate object or a part of a person's body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The practice of worshiping a fetish; that form of religious belief and practice in which fetishes are the objects of worship. See the extracts.
- n. Hence Blind devotion to one object or idea; abject superstition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sexual arousal or gratification resulting from handling a fetish (or a specific part of the body other than the sexual organs)
- n. a belief in the magical power of fetishes (or the worship of a fetish)
Sorry, no etymologies found.