from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The working of miracles or magic feats.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The working of miracles
- n. Magic; witchcraft, wizardry
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or art of performing something wonderful; magic; legerdemain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of performing something wonderful or marvelous; wonder-working; magic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any art that invokes supernatural powers
- n. an illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers
From Ancient Greek θαυματουργία, from θαῦμα ("miracle, wonder") + ἔργον ("work"). (Wiktionary)