from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A list of people who have died, especially in the recent past or during a specific period.
- n. An obituary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A church register containing the names of those connected with the church who have died.
- n. A listing of people who have died during a specific period of time.
- n. A notice of death; an obituary.
- n. The study of death or the dead.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An account of deaths, or of the dead; a register of deaths; a collection of obituary notices.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A register of persons, as members of a society, etc., who die within a certain time; an obituary, or a collection of obituary notices.
- n. Formerly, in religious houses, a book which contained the names of persons for whose souls prayer was to be offered, as founders of the establishment, benefactors, and members.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a notice of someone's death; usually includes a short biography
- n. a list of people who died recently
From necro- + -logy. (Wiktionary)