from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Biography of saints.
- n. A worshipful or idealizing biography.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of saints.
- n. A biography of a saint.
- n. A biography which expresses reverence and respect for its subject.
- n. A biography which is uncritically supportive of its subject, often including embellishments or propaganda.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as Hagiographa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Sacred writing or literature; sacred writings collectively; a collection of lives of the saints.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a biography that idealizes or idolizes the person (especially a person who is a saint)
From Ancient Greek ἅγιος (hagios, "holy") + -γραφία (-graphia, "writing"). (Wiktionary)