from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The science of crystal structure and phenomena.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The experimental science of determining the arrangement of atoms in solids.
- n. The study of crystals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The doctrine or science of crystallization, teaching the system of forms among crystals, their structure, and their methods of formation.
- n. A discourse or treatise on crystallization.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of the process of crystallization, and of the forms and structure of crystals.
- n. A discourse or treatise on crystals and crystallization.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of science that studies the formation and structure of crystals
crystal + -ography (Wiktionary)