from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The physics of the earth and its environment, including the physics of fields such as meteorology, oceanography, and seismology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A branch of earth science dealing with the physical processes and phenomena occurring in the earth and in its vicinity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A branch of geology that uses physical principles to study the properties of the earth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Physics of the earth: same as physiography.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. geology that uses physical principles to study properties of the earth
Sorry, no etymologies found.