from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The equilibrium mechanics of stationary bodies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of mechanics concerned with forces in static equilibrium
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That branch of mechanics which treats of the equilibrium of forces, or relates to bodies as held at rest by the forces acting on them; -- distinguished from
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of mechanics which treats of the relations of strains and stresses, or of the figures of bodies in equilibrium and of the magnitudes and directions of the pressures.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of mechanics concerned with forces in equilibrium
Sorry, no etymologies found.