from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of the chemical substances and vital processes occurring in living organisms; biological chemistry; physiological chemistry.
- n. The chemical composition of a particular living system or biological substance: viral biochemistry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The chemistry of those compounds that occur in living organisms, and the processes that occur in their metabolism and catabolism
- n. The chemical characteristics of a particular living organism
- n. The biochemical activity associated with a particular chemical or condition
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The chemistry of living organisms; the chemistry of the processes incidental to, and characteristic of, life.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The chemical study of living matter; also, physiological chemistry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the organic chemistry of compounds and processes occurring in organisms; the effort to understand biology within the context of chemistry
From bio- + chemistry (Wiktionary)