from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The chemistry of the composition and alterations of the solid matter of the earth or a celestial body.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of chemistry that deals with the chemical composition of the Earth and other planets, and with the chemical processes that occur in the formation of rocks and minerals etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The study of the chemical composition of, and of actual or possible chemical changes in, the crust of the earth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The chemical study of the earth, that is, the science of its chemical composition and of the chemical causes and effects of terrestrial processes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the chemistry of the earth's crust
Sorry, no etymologies found.