from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To heat too much.
- transitive v. To cause to become excited, agitated, or overstimulated.
- intransitive v. To become too hot or very excited.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To heat excessively
- v. To become excessively hot
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To heat to excess; to superheat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To heat to excess.
- n. Excessive heat.
- n. Sunstroke.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. get excessively and undesirably hot
- v. make excessively or undesirably hot
over- + heat (Wiktionary)