from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The statistical study of biological phenomena.
- n. The measurement of physical characteristics, such as fingerprints, DNA, or retinal patterns, for use in verifying the identity of individuals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The measurement of biological data
- n. The measurement and recording of the physical characteristics of an individual for use in subsequent personal identification.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as biometry, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a branch of biology that studies biological phenomena and observations by means of statistical analysis
Sorry, no etymologies found.