from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of biology that deals with microorganisms and their effects on other living organisms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of biology that deals with microorganisms, especially their effects on man and other living organisms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The branch of biology studying minute organisms, or microbes, such as the bacteria, fungi, viruses, and protozoa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of micro-organisms; the study of microbes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of biology that studies microorganisms and their effects on humans
Sorry, no etymologies found.