from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The science that deals with the properties and reactions of serums, especially blood serum.
- n. The characteristics of a disease or organism shown by study of blood serums: the serology of acquired immune deficiency syndrome; the serology of mammals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The science that studies the reaction between antigens and antibodies in serum.
- n. The characteristics of the blood serums of a particular disease or organism.
- n. A blood test to detect the presence of antibodies.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The scientific, study or medical use of sera. See serumtherapy and immunity, 5.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medical science that deals with serums; especially with blood serums and disease
Sorry, no etymologies found.