from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To coat or cover with a thin layer of metal by electrodeposition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To coat an object with a thin layer of metal using electrolysis
- n. Electroplated objects
- n. The layer of metal deposited in the course of electroplating.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To plate or cover with a coating of metal, usually silver, nickel, chromium, or gold, by means of electrolysis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To plate or give a coating of silver or other metal to by means of electrolysis. See electrometallurgy.
- n. Articles coated with silver or other metal by the process of electroplating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. coat with metal by electrolysis
- n. any artifact that has been plated with a thin coat of metal by electrolysis
electro- + plate (Wiktionary)