from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of electroplate.
- n. A process of coating the surfaces of a metal object with a layer of a different metal through electrochemical means, usually to exploit different properties of the materials.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or process of depositing a coating (commonly) of silver, gold, or nickel on an inferior metal, by means of an electric current. The metal to be deposited on an article is usually used as the anode and the article to be plated as the cathode, in an electrolyte solution in which the plating metal is the cation. The process is conducted in a tank called an electroplating bath, which holds the electrolyte solution.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process or art of coating metals and other materials with an adherent film of metal, in a bath containing a solution of the metal, by means of the electrolytic action of an electric current from a battery or dynamo.
- n. The deposit itself, or the surface, obtained by means of the process explained above.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Then there is lead that makes batteries and Cobalt Sulfate which is used in electroplating, as coloring agents for ceramics, and as drying agents in inks and paints, and of course Diazoaminobenzene, a chemical used as an intermediate in the production of dyes and to promote adhesion of natural rubber to steel which is said to be listed as, “reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen,” whatever that means.
Ten years later he may explain that he's a chemical engineer specializing in the construction of corrosion-resistant structures, such as electroplating baths and pickling tanks for stainless steel.
The straightforward way to do this sort of thing is to deposit a thin layer of silver on it, the way they do telescope mirrors, then use that as a conducting surface for electroplating (which needs a special electrolyte).
So, the final costing of the jewelry will have to incorporate these electroplating costs as well.
This is usually achieved by electroplating the jewelry with rhodium.
Spilling out from above that she's interviewed the household, the three anything the ancestry's way so he helps to be two landfills at often, electroplating his respective blanket while he first needs to obey phoebe. baby bjorn diaper bag.
It was an episode that had occurred in his electroplating establishment that suggested to him his unique weapon of revenge.
He started his electroplating establishment early in the spring of
He had stumbled upon the secret in his old electroplating shop on Telegraph Avenue in the city of Oakland.
He merely re-wired his vat and went on electroplating.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.