from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The scientific study and cultivation of fruit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of pome fruit and of the cultivation of such fruit.
- n. The study of fruit in general and of the cultivation of fruit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science of fruits; a treatise on fruits; the cultivation of fruits and fruit trees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That department of knowledge which deals with fruits; that branch of gardening which embraces the cultivation of fruit-trees or fruit-bearing shrubs. Also pomalology.
- n. A treatise on fruits considered as esculents.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of botany that studies and cultivates fruits
Latin pōmum, fruit + -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin pomum ("fruit") and -ology. (Wiktionary)