American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Astronomical photography.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The application of photography to the delineation or record of solar spots, the moon's disk, the planets, and the constellations, and to other astronomical ends.
- n. astronomy, photography A specialized kind of photography, comprised of concepts and techniques that pertain to the production of photographic images of astronomical objects.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The application of photography to the delineation of the sun, moon, and stars.
- astro- + photography (Wiktionary)
“We also went to see the open air astrophotography exhibition in St Andrews Square.”
“Jim Gunn used to say that astrophotography was a black and careful art done by people who were masters, all of whom seemed to be much older than he was.”
“It is a compilation of Ken's best astrophotography subjects since 2004 and gives tribute to all of us who love deep sky.”
“His name is Ken Crawford and he's the man "behind the curtain" of some of the most amazing works of astrophotography just this side of the Hubble Space Telescope.”
“Replace that filter, and you get an excellent, but specialized, astrophotography camera.”
“The device also made it possible for amateur astronomers to rival the professionals in terms of quality astrophotography.”
“Anyway, once I become more experienced, I hope to be doing some astrophotography with it something else with which I have limited experience and am looking forward to sharing it with my students.”
“It is a telescope capable of being turned towards astrophotography – or simply enjoyed year after year.”
“Winter has some of the best astrophotography targets, and if the weather cooperates, I'll share my efforts here.”
“With my telescope in serviceable order, I've begun thinking more about astrophotography, which I've attempted off and on for more than 30 years with varying degrees of success.”
Looking for tweets for astrophotography.