from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The chemical identification and analysis of extremely small quantities of matter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The analysis (and subsequent identification) of very small quantities of material
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Analysis of the structure of materials from careful observation of photomicrographs.
- n. chemical analysis of very small quantities of substances, requiring special apparatus to handle and weigh small amounts of materials.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Analysis by means of the microscope.
Sorry, no etymologies found.