American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Objects valued for their connection with historical events, culture, or entertainment: posters, publicity photographs, and other movie memorabilia.
- n. Events or experiences worthy of remembrance: a book containing the memorabilia of a life in the theater.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Things remarkable and worthy of remembrance or record.
- Things that serve to recall something to memory; things associated with some person, place, or thing that is held in remembrance.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Things remarkable and worthy of remembrance or record; also, the record of them.
- n. Mementos of past events; souvenirs.
- n. a record of things worth remembering
- Since 1800–1810, borrowing from Latin memorābilia ("things to be remembered"), the neuter plural of the word memorābilis ("memorable"). (Wiktionary)
- Latin memorābilia, neuter pl. of memorābilis, memorable; see memorable. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“He did mention that if there was any memorabilia from the game I might want, to give him my address and he'd see what he could do.”
“Some Lennon memorabilia is for sale through the Gotta Have It!”
“SIEGEL: Somewhere in my house, in a box of childhood memorabilia, is a small button that I received in the second grade.”
“Meanwhile, interesting Admiral Lord N elson memorabilia is coming up.”
“In 1959, she won the city's "Miss Subways" pageant, and all of the family's restaurants have since been decorated with posters and memorabilia from the Miss Subways contests.”
“And Coraline movie memorabilia is being auctioned off on eBay to benefit the Starlight Children's Foundation.”
“Are you a big fan of the cult sci-fi film, Time Bandits, but find memorabilia from the film sorely lacking?”
“I kept a few of my disks and put them in memorabilia box that I have a bunch of other highschool stuff in, the big binder itself with the other cds/burnt disks went into the garbage. comparanoid”
“Most altered of a Society's volumes during a Philadelphia Club have been a marked down story of a Society in a commencement decades, as good as dual collections of annual cooking menus as good as alternative memorabilia from a years1856 compartment 1921 They have been a cave of engaging inform about a vanished amicable as good as informative world.”
“I saw Hootie and the Blowfish at the New Orleans Jazz festival a few years ago but my only memorabilia is a shirt with alligators on it. rashbre”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘memorabilia’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
Names for collectors, collections, etc.
Nouns that are common in plural form but are non-existent or rarely used in singular form.
My big word list.
Words from 2009 'Watchmen' film.
I'm giving my daughter 10 cents for each new word she learns how to spell - here is a sampling.
Looking for tweets for memorabilia.