American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A reminder of the past; a keepsake.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hint, suggestion, notice, or memorial to awaken memory; that which reminds; a reminder of what is past or of what is to come; specifically, a souvenir.
- n. Synonyms Souvenir, etc. (see memorial), remembrancer.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A hint, suggestion, token, or memorial, to awaken memory; that which reminds or recalls to memory; a souvenir.
- n. a reminder of past events
- From the Latin mementō ("remember!"), imperative form of meminī ("I remember"). (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, commemoration of the living or the dead in the Canon of the Mass, from Latin mementō, imperative of meminisse, to remember; see men-1 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“No earring memento from the Second Queen to Chagum (as seen in episode 1).”
“Some of the pilgrims take home a bottle of holy water or a memento from the church, conveniently available on the way out.”
“Some of the miners gathered a few rocks to take with them, a memento from the place they called home for more than two months.”
“The only reason I gave begins a chance was due to nolan's involvement (memento is one of my all time favorites).”
“So I think if it's not on there's it probably personal preference, as Sean Dailey said. sean dailey to my knowledge, the special edition of memento is the only film nolan's done a commentary on. i think he just doesn't like doing them. i doubt the "rush" has anything to do with it.”
“The memento is a AAA shell casing, which has the following inscription [in Vietnamese]:”
“No letter from Denver – no memento from the Klondike, no word even from Wallace, who had gone north with his brother.”
“The memento is a reference to the repeal in 1999 of Depression-era legislation; the repeal overturned core financial regulations, allowed for the creation of Citi and helped feed the Wall Street boom.”
“' I've got to have some kind of memento or other, '' Stankowski added, forgetting the scorecard on which he marked 74-78, more than enough strokes to miss the cut.”
“I hope you'll like this -- a kind of memento ...”
A Kiss For Julie
These user-created lists contain the word ‘memento’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Unabashedly stolen from a comment made by courier12.
There are words suffering from a butcher.
There's a jar I've been adding movie ticket stubs to since about age twelve. I am pleased to have a more accessible way of keeping track of the movies I've seen. Even if some are pretty embarrassin...
Elicityscapes. Re-re-running; get, put.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
just the next words that come along
Looking for tweets for memento.