from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A memorial stone set at the head of a grave.
- n. Architecture See keystone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A gravestone, a grave marker: a monument traditionally made of stone placed at the head of a grave.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The principal stone in a foundation; the chief or corner stone.
- n. The stone at the head of a grave.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The principal stone in a foundation; the chief stone, as the corner-stone of a building, or the keystone of an arch. See cut under arch.
- n. A stone, usually inscribed, set at the head of a grave.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stone that is used to mark a grave
- n. the central building block at the top of an arch or vault
head + stone (Wiktionary)