from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stone placed over a grave as a marker; a tombstone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stone slab set at the head of a grave.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A stone laid over, or erected near, a grave, usually with an inscription, to preserve the memory of the dead; a tombstone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A stone laid over a grave, or erected near it (commonly at its head), in memory of the dead.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stone that is used to mark a grave
Sorry, no etymologies found.