from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that causes another to remember something.
- n. An officer of the British judiciary responsible for collecting debts owed to the Crown.
- n. An official who represents the City of London, as on ceremonial occasions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who reminds someone
- n. A memento or souvenir
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, serves to bring to, or keep in, mind; a memento; a memorial; a reminder.
- n. A term applied in England to several officers, having various functions, their duty originally being to bring certain matters to the attention of the proper persons at the proper time.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which reminds or revives the memory of anything.
- n. An officer in the Exchequer of England, employed to record documents, make out processes, etc.: a recorder.
Sorry, no etymologies found.