from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A restraining move in which one person seizes another around the neck in a tight grip, typically from behind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A grappling hold around the neck that cuts off the flow of air to the brain
- n. A strong and powerful grasp on something
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. complete power over a person or situation
- n. a restraining hold; someone loops the arm around the neck of another person in a tight grip, usually from behind
choke + hold (Wiktionary)