from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a person of color, especially a person from northern Africa or western or southern Asia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any dark-skinned person. Most commonly used to refer to people of Indian, North African, Mediterranean, or Middle Eastern ancestry.
- n. A person of Southern European, Mediterranean (especially Italian, Lebanese, and Greek people), or Middle Eastern ancestry or in some cases, Eastern European ancestry (compare wop).
- n. Abbreviation of polliwog
- n. Short for pollywog, or a sailor who has never crossed the Equator. Often referred to as either filthy, slimy, or even dirty wogs
- n. A minor illness, a bug, an insect or parasite.
- n. an acronym for "Without Goals", i.e. a person who is not a Scientologist.
- n. WOG = water-oil-gas, typically marked on valves indicating acceptable for use with these fluids.
- v. To steal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (offensive British slang) term used by the British to refer to people of color from Africa or Asia
Probably short for golliwog.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Perhaps an abbreviation of golliwog. (Wiktionary)
Abbreviation of polliwog. (Wiktionary)
Initialism, coined by L. Ron Hubbard. (Wiktionary)