from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The spirit or the body of beliefs, customs, or practices of the Middle Ages.
- n. Devotion to or acceptance of the ideas of the Middle Ages.
- n. Scholarly study of the Middle Ages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being medieval
- n. The study of the Middle Ages
- n. A custom or belief from the Middle Ages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which is characteristic of the middle ages; the medieval spirit, practice, or methods in regard to anything; a peculiarity or characteristic of the middle ages.
- n. Devotion to or adoption of the spirit or practice of the middle ages; medieval tendency in thought or action, as with respect to religion or politics.
Sorry, no etymologies found.