from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being pastoral. Used especially of a literary work.
- n. A social and economic system based on the raising and herding of livestock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being pastoral
- n. animal husbandry; the raising and herding of farm animals
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Pastoral character; that which possesses, suggests, or confers a pastoral or rural character.
Sorry, no etymologies found.