from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large piece of cotton, silk, or wool cloth worn as an outer garment in Morocco.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A covering for the head and body worn by Arabs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large piece of woolen or cotton cloth worn by Arabs as an outer garment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See hake.
- n. A piece of stuff used as an outer garment by the peoples of the Levant, especially by the desert tribes of Arabs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an outer garment consisting of a large piece of white cloth; worn by men and women in northern Africa
Moroccan Arabic ḥā'ik, from Arabic, weaver, active participle of ḥāka, to weave; see ḥwk in Semitic roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)