from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lord or governor in South Asia.
- n. An officer (equivalent to corporal) in a corps of Indian or Nepalese soldiers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A chief; a leader; a Sepoy corporal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An Indian title of nobility; also, a lord, prince, or governor.
- n. A military officer; in later use, a corporal of native infantry.
From Tamil. (Wiktionary)